(Sorry, I inadvertently sent an incomplete post)

I have a popup window, itemSelect.php, from which I would like to reload the
calling page. itemSelect.php has a form, and I want to reload the calling
page with these form variables. How can I do this? I can reload the page
easily enough, with this test code in itemSelect.php:

<form>
 <input type=hidden value=mine name=newparam>
 <input type=button value=Close
onClick="window.opener.location.reload();window.close()">
</form>

Not surprisingly, this doesn't work. My calling page reloads and the popup
closes, but the onClick code bypasses the form and newparam doesn't get
passed. What, please, is a good way to  accomplish passing newparam (and
other form vars) back to the calling page?

Many thanks,

Rich