<form target="searchwindow" ....>

Rich Fox wrote:

I would like to open a new browser window from within my php script
(edit.php), a window in which another php page is run (search.php).
search.php should be able to receive $_POST vars etc. from edit.php. I am
not sure that the javascript solution to popup a window is correct, because
then the popup does not behave normally.

By normally, I mean that when I use javascript to popup a new window
(search.php), and in search.php I have a form

<form action="searchAction.php" method=post>
 <input type=hidden name=caller   value=window.opener.location.href>
 <input type=hidden name=ID       value=<? $_GET['ID'] ?> >
 <input type=hidden name=Type       value=<? $type?> >
 <input type=button name=btnOK    value=OK>
 <input type=button name=btnCancel   value=Cancel>
</form>

clicking OK or Cancel does absolutely nothing. So, I would like to avoid
javascript and simply open a new browser window to run search.php. What is
the accepted way to do this in php?

tia,

Rich