On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:01:19PM +0100, [ PAUL FERRIE ] wrote:
:
: God i hope this is simple :)

It is.  I think.  :-)

: I have news bloggs section on my site.  At present the news is loaded in
: from a txt file,  most of the site is now running with most sections being
: loaded via mysqldb's.
: I would like to add the old entries to the new db that i have setup for the
: bloggs.
: My problem is converting the date format from 12-08-03 to the time stamp to
: be stored int the db.  It has to be done this way as new entries will be
: using the time stamp
:
: So in the php file i have
: $dateAdded =  time();
: but time would then be 1064245532
: i need
: date=12-08-03
: $dateAdded = date(convert) to time stamp

$dateAdded = mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 8, 2003);