your not putting it in quotes.

    echo "
    <input type=hidden name=people_name value=$people_name>
    ";

change to

    echo "
    <input type='hidden' name='people_name' value='$people_name'>
    ";

quotes are your friend :)

--

 Chris Lee
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""george"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
98tdl2$ps2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:98tdl2$ps2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Hi,
      I am building a contact form, which goes into a db I them pull the
information out and display it, then I pass the values to another page using
hidden fields but for some reason even though it displays the full thing on
the first page when I pass a variable to the next page it only displays the
first word.
so on the first page where it has pulled it from the db it will say
"this is a test"

TIA

george