- Edwin - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 7:00 PM said:

> What exactly do you mean by "extended characters"? And, do you mean
> all *other* characters are inserted properly? Anyway,...

I just mean the characters that you can't type unless you do something
like alt-250, alt-145, etc.

> If they're not "ujis" (for euc-jp), add this to your "my.cnf" file:
> (Under [mysqld] and [client])
>
>   default-character-set = ujis

I added that line to the [mysqld] section but there was no [client]
section so i added the following.

[client]
default-character-set = ujis

> Btw, check your php.ini as well and make sure that your settings
> under [mbstring] are correct.

Each line in the [mbstring] section was commented out. So I uncommented
them. I also uncommented the mbstring extension.

I'm just about to restart both servers, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks,
Chris.