"Gustave Bernier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new to PHP and I'm trying to use the include function but with no
> success... My server's ini file is  set as (allow_url_fopen, 0) so I'm
> having some trouble to pass different values for the php file I'm
calling.
> The address is: http://mydomain.com/forums/ssi.php?a=active
>
> The code I'm trying now is:
> $_GET['a'] = 'active';
> include('forums/ssi.php');
>
> When I use this code I have no error, ssi.php is loaded but nothing is
done
> (I believe the "a" value isn't passed to ssi.php) and the page where
the
> include is stops loading just after the include().

You don't pass the value to that file, you simply tell the preprocessor
of PHP to copy the contents of forums/ssi.php file into the source
code before executing the script. You do NOT call the ssi.php by that!
As you are stating you want to call
http://mydomain.com/forums/ssi.php?a=active
why are you including the file in there?

The statement about allow_url_fopen, 0 setting controls access to
remote-resources, so if you are allowed to do something like
fopen("http://...";)
or include("http://..";).
Thus it doesn't have anything to do with your include.

--
 Dennis Sterzenbach
 www.darknoise.de