Dont apologize. even the best of us make mistakes.

the .$field. is a more reliable way of displaying the information contained
within. as in a few cases I find the variable itself gets printed ie $field
shows up as $field in cases where I didnt use the .$field. just an
observation on my part.

if the form name was a typo then you will want to check your
register_globals in your php.ini file it probably is turned off
in which case you want to use
$l_name = $_POST["l_name"];
etc..

this will give you the var values with out having to change your php.ini

its also more secure if what I read is correct.

Chris