On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 14:48, Evan Nemerson wrote:

> I think Jay probably understands, but for those who don't,
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

The problem with this kind of freedom (puts fiery backdraft gear on) is
that it enables an entity with more resources than the original
developer(s) to usurp the entire project. It also provides no incentive
for anyone to ever help support the developer(s). I believe in free as
in open source, free as in non-commercial use, but as soon as someone
profits from the work, there should be some kind of compensation for the
time and effort.

Cheers,
Rob.