Hi there,

I'm currently working on a user login script. I'm using session
variables. Everything seems to be working fine but I continually get the
following warning message when I run the programs:

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
(output started at c:\phpdev\www\staffdb2\side_menu.php:3) in
c:\phpdev\www\staffdb2\side_menu.php on line 4

The side_menu.php routine is below:
<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="styles.css" TYPE="text/css">
<BODY class="sidebar">
<?PHP
session_start();
//require_once('user_auth_fns.php');
//check_valid_user();
if (isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['valid_user']))
{
            echo '<a href="logout.php">Log out</a>';
}
else
{
            echo 'You are not logged in';
}
?>

The session variable 'valid_user' is set in the following routine:
<?PHP
require_once('staffdb_fns.php');
session_start();

$username=$HTTP_POST_VARS['username'];
$passwrd=$HTTP_POST_VARS['passwrd'];

if ($username && $passwrd)
{
            if (login($username,$passwrd))
            {
                        $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['valid_user']=$username;
                        display_page_layout();
            }
            else
            {
                        echo 'login failed';
                        display_login_form();
                        exit;
else
{
            display_login_form();
}

//check_valid_user();

?>

Any ideas.

PS : I am rather new to php so be kind please.

Regards,
Steve.