On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 07:58, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> >>I think Jay probably understands, but for those who don't,
> >>http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>
> Quite frankly i don't mind people using anything that i open source in
> commercial applications. When i do mind i don't release it as open
> source :-)
> [/snip]
>
> ***applause*** Well said!
>
> (I wanted to say other stuff here, but I just couldn't say it well this
> morning. I will say that there is no shame in profiting from commercial
> use projects).

Perhaps I've been a little misunderstood. I love the whole open source
movement, I love that code can be shared, and I was happy to release my
own code as open source. I only have issues with the GPL, and licenses
like it, that seem to me to cause the developer to relinquish all
control of their work.

Cheers,
Rob.