Age old question...?
Please don't flame if it is....

I currently remember my visitors on my site by setting a cookie thusly:

setcookie("logged", "yes");

On each protected page, put an IF ($logged == "yes") { //show page etc }
else {//show login form etc }

All good, works fine hooray for me...
BUT...

I'm aware that a slight increase in a users browsers security setting, and
this doesn't work...
So... I've started to learn..... sessions.

I have a few questions, that my texts books seem to pussy foot around, and
I get no answer...
1. Can sessions work in the same way as my cookies? (Just remember a value
to a variable, accross many page)
2. can seesions be set up to work accross browser sessions? (If I close my
browser, will they work when I open a new one?)
3. I've seen on many web sites a 'remember me' checkbox. I'd love to learn
how to do that, is that session related? what's the step in teh right
direction to remembering that?

Any advise, or first rate turtorials are welcome...
Cheers,
Tris....

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.