Well couldnt this be done with the majority of browsers, im not sure myself
but i remember reading somewhere that you can "ask" the browser where the
the user is ?. I think it has something to do with when the system is setup
the country is recorded ? might be a windows only thing again im not sure.
"Evan Nemerson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Well you're going to need to play with ARIN, APNIC, and RIPE. First,
figure
> out which group the IP belongs to, then query their database. That will
> provide a good hint as to the location, but it's far from perfect. You
only
> get the location of the people who own that block. So everyone w/ AOHell
will
> appear to be in $wherever_aohell_is_based
>
> It's a good starting point, though. Knowing my addr would allow you to
find
> out I live in San Diego...
>

> On Friday 03 October 2003 01:19 pm, Stephen Craton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm wanting to track IP addresses by pinpointing their geological
location
> > (country and whatever) but I have no idea how to go about doing this.
I've