Hi John--

Your name caught my eye, so I had to reply!

Unfortunately I run PHP on Linux so can't be sure about
your situation with Windex.

But I think your problem is that you are opening your
phpinfo.php file from your local file system. You
should instead open it through your webserver. (i.e.
enter your local domain name or IP address into your
browser).

To explain: phpinfo() is a PHP function that simply
lists a lot of useful information about your PHP
setup. But for it to be invoked, it must be run
through the PHP interpreter. If you open it via your
local file system, you bypass PHP. (When you installed
Dreamweaver, it probably configured Winduhs to invoke
DW whenever you open a .php file locally.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

(Another) John Hicks