So far everyone is telling me that it won't work, but no one is telling me
why. (btw I did search extensively for the answer to this question but so
far have found nothing).  Robert, could you be more specific in your
reference to the http://www.php.net documentation?  I see nothing on the
basic syntax page that addresses this.

Pat Carmody