Greetings learned PHP(eople);

I`m using a shell_exec to get a list of files from a specified
directory.

When I run it locally on my machine i works. When I run it on the other
machine I get

=====
Warning: shell_exec() [function.shell-exec]: Cannot execute using
backquotes in Safe Mode in /var/www/html/search.php on line 9
=====

In /etc/php.ini Safe Mode is off....I read some postings in the archives
and on the advice given checked that the owner of the script has the
relevant permissions on the directory/files trying to be accessed, and
they are the same i.e. root

Any ideas ?

--
Chris Blake
Support Consultant

What does education often do?  It makes a straight cut ditch of a
free meandering brook.
                -- Henry David Thoreau

13:10:21 up 21 days,  4:40,  3 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.33, 0.28