Yes. PHP supports this feature you need.
for loop $i
{
     $temp="value".$i;
     $myNewVar = $$temp;
}

Hope it help.

Ryan Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/09/2003 01:38 PM

        To:     "richard cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [PHP] Variable Nightmare

The server probably has global variables turn off

Try $_GET['value1'], $_GET['value2']

If you using post method then replace $_GET with $_POST

On Thursday 09 October 2003 00:51, richard cook wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I have a problem that I cant solve, any help would be welcomed!
>

> I have a form which is repeated by a for loop, the form has one element
an
> input field. The problem im having is the name of this field for example
> ive used the following to name it:
>
> for loop here
>
> <input name="value<?php echo $x;?>" type="text" size="4" maxlength="2"
> value="<?=$cart_Array[$x][1]?>" />
>
> }
>
> So the input name will increase with each loop like so:
>
> value1
> value2
> value3
>
> This works fine, the source code from the generated page looks as it
> should. So the big question is how do I get to the variable name when
the
> form is processed, ive tried everything i know. if I use hard coding it
> works :
>
> $myNewVar = $value1;
>
> But the whole point of this is that the values need to be pulled out of
> another for loop:
>
> for loop blah
>     $myNewVar = $valueX;
> }