hi all

i've been given the task of writing an app with a login mechanism that authenticates
against the active directory users list on a windows 2000 domain controller.

i have an apache 1.3.28 webserver running on FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, with php4.3.1
nstalled

i don't have openldap support compiled into php, nor do i have mod_auth_ldap installed
as an apache module.  i've read two different sources that tell me i may need at least
one of these, but i'm not sure exactly how to get started.

can anyone tell me what i need to install/compile to get ldap authentication against
my win2k domain controller going?  if anyone knows of any good tutorials, i'd be
really interested as well...

thanks

redmond

--
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 #0: Fri Oct 3 21:30:51 CDT 2003
12:15AM  up 5 days, 14:31, 3 users, load averages: 2.51, 2.40, 1.79

From too much love of living,
From hope and fear set free,
We thank with brief thanksgiving,
Whatever gods may be,
That no life lives forever,
That dead men rise up never,
That even the weariest river winds somewhere safe to sea.
                -- Swinburne