-Edit the php.ini file

GET THE DLLs:

The Dlls for mssql and others (oracle, sybase, etc.) are NOT included in the
installation (Install Shield Wizard) in the root folder.

Get the other package for windows systems (NO Install shield!).  Just plain
files.  After unzipping the file, look for the subdirectory called
extensions.  NOT the dlls folder! You'll find a bunch of dlls with the name
format like such: php_xxx. For Oracle DD, you'll need php_oracle.dll.  Take
the oracle dll.

PLACE THE DLL(s):
Place the dll you want in the root folder where you installed php locally.

EDITING THE PHP.INI:
Your php.ini SHOULD be in the Windows System Root (commonly C:\WINNT).
Ok, in the php.ini file, look for the Paths and Directories section.
Your extension_dir path should look like a DOS path like this:
extension_dir = C:/php/   ; Point the directory where you installed php
; inside the root should be the dll you placed!
If the default value of extension_dir is = ./ REMOVE IT!  This path should
be identical to a DOS path!
Ok, this is just a side note:

If you find a comment section for Windows Extensions inside another section
called Dynamic Extensions that has a bunch of lines like this:
;extension=php_xxx1.dll
;extension=php_xxx2.dll

un-comment this line for oracle dll...

THAT's it!