On Sunday 12 October 2003 02:26, ada wrote:

> So you can make several config judging from the current account ?
> I dont found anything about that ...

Kind of.

> How several configs are maintained in a mutual web server ?
> Surely one php.ini for all and some little hacks on vhosts config ?

They're not hacks. They *are* one of the mechanisms for having different
configs of php for different purposes.

> like here :
> http://www.php.net/features.safe-mode
> You can a vhost.conf file.
>
> <Directory /vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/>
> php_admin_value safe_mode 0
> php_admin_value open_basedir "/"
> </Directory>
>
> Explain me ?

Have a look at the manual entry for ini_set(). There's a useful table which
tells you *what* php config item can be changed and *where* it can be
changed.

The master value shown by phpinfo() is setting in php,ini, and the local value
is whatever it has been set to at the time phpinfo() is executed.