John W. Holmes <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 5:30 PM said:

> Not a good method. If I get on your site and see my cookie has the
> value 241757219 in it, I just need to subtract one from the number
> and revisit your site. Now I'm the user who registered before me.
> Using the rand() or uniqid() method above means I have to guess an
> entire random number / character sequence, which is going to be
> harder (or nearly impossible).

But that would require that you register immediately after the person
before you. Then you could compare the two numbers and figure out what
the base number is, but that seems REALLY unlikely.

Can you explain it a little different maybe?

Chris.

--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/