snip from:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.directives.php

auto_prepend_file  string

    Specifies the name of a file that is automatically parsed before
the main file. The file is included as if it was called with the
include() function, so include_path is used.

The special value none disables auto-prepending.

auto_append_file string

    Specifies the name of a file that is automatically parsed after
the main file. The file is included as if it was called with the
include() function, so include_path is used.

    The special value none disables auto-appending.

Note: If the script is terminated with exit(), auto-append will not
occur.