There is room left on /tmp.  Now that means the 'tmp'
directory under the root directory on the filesystem
right?  I don't have to make a directory called 'tmp'
in the DirectoryRoot or someplace else do I?

I also went ahead and chmod 777 /tmp to see if that
would help.  It didn't. I had never used the 'sticky
bit'.  I went ahead and turned it back on...