Hello Evan,

    I imagined that the PHP LDAP functions would work, however, this would
only work on LDAP compliant directory servers, such as Microsoft and Novell.
This would not work however for a local NT machine which is not joined to a
domain. ADSI has a 'WinNT://" provider for this, where as the 'LDAP://";
provider is meant for the domain (directory) environment.

  To make a long story short, the PHP LDAP library is not really ADSI & PHP,
but rather an LDAP library which works with LDAP compliant directory
servers. I was looking for a way to use ADSI with PHP.

  I appreciate your response, Evan.

- Jeremy
  Pc Technics, Inc.
  www.pc-technics.com
  100% FREE Internet Hosting!

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/activedirectory/adsilinks.asp
> which mentions LDAP.  Take a look at php.net/ldap and see if it does what
you
> need.
>

> On Saturday 25 October 2003 09:24 am, Pc Technics, Inc. wrote:
> > Anyone know if its possible to use ADSI with PHP? I can not seem to find
> > any good articles which explain how to convert ASP to PHP using the COM
> > properties of PHP. I would really like to write this in PHP, rather than
> > ASP.
> >
> > Thanks in advance ....
> >
> > - Jeremy
> >  Pc Technics, Inc.
> >  www.pc-technics.com
> >  100% FREE Internet Hosting!
>
> --
> Evan Nemerson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --
> "...the whole idea of revenge and punishment is a childish daydream.
Properly