No, he's right - this is an issue.

Do variables persist between PHP files?

In the attached scripts I have a login page which directs the user, on a
sucessful login, to a front page which is a frameset.

The login.php opens a connection to a MySQL database ($connection) but once
the browser has been re-directed to the frame-root.html page this variable
is no longer available.

--
UEA/MUS::Record Library