On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:26:05 -0500
Leif K-Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ryan Thompson wrote:
>
> >Just a thought. Try using phpinfo() to find out the compile
> >options. Use that and just add the GD compile options after
> >upgrading GD. That's usually how I go about adding a new module. I
> >can never remember what I've compiled into it.
> >

> Thing is, I don't know how to get GD, how to compile PHP, or
> anything else. Is there something explaining how somewhere?

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/installation.php

Or, just

1. Download the source. I'm sure you know where to find it. :)
2. Unpack. For example, if you've downloaded the xxx.tar.gz version,
  $ tar -xvzf php-xxx.tar.gz
3. cd to the resulting directory
4. run
  $ ./configure --with-your-options-here
--together-with-additional-options

  NOTE: Find out your present configuration options as stated earlier.

5. run
  $ make
6. change to super user mode (root)
7. then run
  $ make install

That should do it. (Unless, of course, you encounter some "configure"
or "make" problems.)

Don't forget to restart your webserver (Apache, I assume).

  $ service httpd restart

And, I assume you're using linux hence the "$" sign...

- E -