If you put up a full text index on it you can do searches that smell like a primitive search engine.

best regards

Robb Kerr wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:09:06 +0000, David Otton wrote:

Personally, I'd normalize that into a keyword table, a record table and a
joining table.

However, the SQL keyword you're looking for is LIKE

WHERE field LIKE '%$variable%'

I agree. I'd structure the data quite differently. But, I've got the data from a client and at this point I don't have the authority to restructure the database. Thanx for the tip on the LIKE command.

Robb

--
Raditha Dissanayake.