"Chris Shiflett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --- "CPT John W. Holmes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you are not relying on a cookie based session, then this will
> > work. Each login could be assigned a different session ID, so the
> > requests for each browser will be different because of the different
> > session IDs.
>
> What John is explaining here is that the URLs could be different if that
is how
> the session ID is propogated, thus making the requests different (they're
for
> different URLs). So, if you click a link from:

That doesn't seem to be what he's saying.

"because of the different session IDs."

 It seems to me a better example of what he is saying would be:
http://example.org/foo.php?PHPSESSID=12345
vs.
http://example.org/foo.php?PHPSESSID=67890

But I was talking about cookies anyway.  Which is where different browsers
have different behaviors.  In IE, by default, it will not pass a cookie from
a new browser window.  In Mozilla, by default, a new window keeps all the
cookies currently set.  I've mostly used IE, so I've always thought that it
never passed cookies from a new browser window.  Apparently, it just depends
on which browser you're using and how it is setup.

  -- Rob