upload_max_filesize is INI_SYSTEM, that means it is not honored in your code. Set it the same way you set post_max_size

David T-G wrote:
Hi, all --

I am implementing a picture upload page which will accept single pictures
or zips of pictures, and I can't send anything bigger than 2M.

Because post_max_size must be set in php.ini or httpd.conf I have

php_admin_value post_max_size 128M

set for my site, and in my code I have

  ini_set('upload_max_filesize',"128M") ;
  ini_set('memory_limit',"128M") ;
  ini_set('max_execution_time',"300") ;

(do I need memory_limit set, or does temp file storage not impact
memory?), and in my form I have

<input name='MAX_FILE_SIZE' type='hidden' value='200000000'>

all to ensure that I can upload.  I can happily upload individual 800k
files to about 4.6M (I only have half a dozen on hand :-) but I cannot
upload even a single zip file larger than 2M (though smaller zip files
work fine).  phpinfo() reports 128M for my post_max and max_filesize and
everything seems good to me.

When I try a smaller zip file, $_FILES[uploads][type][$k] properly
contains "application/x-zip", but when I try a larger one it is empty
(in fact, the only thing with value, IIRC, is the name); the temp file
gets to a few bytes over 2M and then disappears.  If I put such a zip
file between two smaller files I see full entries for 0 and 2 while 1
(the zip file) is empty save for the name -- and so the script continues
on to get other files but never gets the big one.

Any ideas?

TIA & HAND

:-D