On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 04:33 PM, Jason T. Davidson wrote:

I am new to php and seeking some help. I have a couple of books and maybe I
just am not seeing my error. If you go to www.mspartcc.com/test.htm and
look at the source code you will see what I am trying to do. The only
problem is that the date is not displaying.

Jason,

The fact that you can view the source and see <?php ... ?> is a tell-tale sign that your file is not even being parsed/touched by PHP.

1. does the server even have PHP on it?

2. usually a server uses .php for flagging files that should be parsed by PHP -- whilst it's quite possible that your server also supports .htm, starting with .php would be a good start.

Justin French