Javier Muniz wrote:

Interesting, is this for a website?  If so have you tried doing the same
thing with CSS?  Using CSS you could make the site load faster and be more
accessible (for instance, you can allow users to choose their own font size,
and make it easier for page readers to handle your page).

When I originally created the script, it was simply an exercise, to see if I could do it. However, I have since then incorporated it into a site design of mine, where I wanted the headers to be images, dynamically created. So yes, for each page that loads, each header calls this script which then spits out the PNG data. Large overhead, simply because I never bothered looking into doing it with CSS, and also because outputting a PNG image I'm guaranteed it will work, and it will look the way I want it to look (both font type, as well as with layout positioning,) as opposed to dealing with broken browsers and people not seeing the same thing. And also because I can use my fonts, instead of relying on the user having a particular font installed on their system.