On Wednesday, November 12, 2003 8:23 AM Alan and Chris wrote:

--- Alan ---
> can I put a function_name() in the <form action="..."> place holder?

--- Chris ---
> I think you can do this with JavaScript, yes.

What is it that you hope to achieve by using a function instead of a
url?  You could, as chris writes, use
action="Javascript:dosomething();", but that has almost an identical
effect as calling said function in the onsubmit event handler.

The only difference would be that if you use the onsubmit handler and
the function does not return false, the action parameter of the form
will be called after the function executes.

Cheers,
Pablo