> > PHP Gurus,
> If you say so...

        A few people have remarked about this. It's just a habit of
mine. Whatever list I'm on, I address it to the "gurus" of that list. A
guru being anyone who knows more than me, which is almost everyone. So
on the CSS list, I address it to "CSS Gurus". On the GoLive list, it's
to "GoLive Gurus". That's all.

> Try:
> echo "The results of the array are - " . $workshops[0][0] . " and " .
> $workshops[1][0];

        I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but when I tried this,
the results came back like this:
        The results of the array are - 2 and 2
        I have no idea what the twos are referring to.

> while($r = mysql_fetch_row($result))
> { $workshop[] = $r[0]; }

This works perfectly! And, more importantly, I learned what it is that
you are doing here. Taking the one column of the array returned from the
mysql_fetch_row() command and putting it into a slightly simpler array.
And for this purpose a while() loop is less code than a for() loop.
Elegant. That's solved the problem. Thank you.

> Have you tried mysql_fetch_array()?
        Just thought I should mention this to Jay. Yes, I had been
alternating my experiments with mysql_fetch_array() and
mysql_fetch_row(), but the results, were exactly the same (or close
enough that I don't remember otherwise). So I suspected that the problem
lay elsewhere and didn't mention it. But thank you for suggesting
alternatives.

--
Cheers!
Dave G