On Wednesday 12 November 2003 10:11 pm, Teren wrote:
> Hi, I recently upgraded my box to php 4.3.4 and i copied the current
> configure line and then ran it in the un-tared directory. I ran make, then
> make install. I tried to restart apache and it wouldn't restart. Any ideas?

Sounds like something is still playing with port 80. netstat, ps, nmap, and
hping2 are your friends.

> I tried the things that were on google but those didn't work. The apache
> error log said it couldn't bind to port 80, but i'm 100% sure it's the php

Why? Is there something you're not telling us?

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"If anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in thought or deed, I
will gladly change. I seek the truth, which never yet hurt anybody. It is

-Marcus Aurelius