> from a library standpoint, it's generally just a hassle to include
> it and then pray you didn't have some whitespace following.

I hadn't thought of it that way.  I run everything through a code cleaner to prevent
just that, but it might be nice to stop doing so.

> code is cleaner if it has no HTML content (unless via print or echo) and
> you don't include the closing tag.

For small blocks of HTML, I'm inclined to agree.  I still prefer that large blocks be
printed "plainly," both from an editing and (slight) performance standpoint, but I see
where you're coming from.

Edward Dudlik
"Those who say it cannot be done
should not interrupt the person doing it."

wishy washy | www.amazon.com/o/registry/EGDXEBBWTYUU