PHPDiscuss - PHP Newsgroups and mailing lists wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to write a simple application using PHP on a Windows 2000
server.  There is one text box for input and one search button.  Basically
the user would input a file name (for example "help.pdf") and then the php
script would search a directory (for example "c:\help\") and subfolders
for that file.  If the file is found, I would like to automatically
display the file using Adobe Acrobat.  Ideally I would like to be able to
use wildcards and obtain a list of results linking to the files.  Any
ideas on a good way to do this?  I am mainly interested in how the search
should work.

You could use the filesystem functions and read the directory's contents into an array and search that array for your file. Look up http://www.php.net/filesystem

--
Burhan Khalid