How to get the key of a specific index of array?

It seems that key($_POST[$i]) is a wrong syntax.

I've worked around like this:

  $allkeys = array_keys($_POST);
  $allvalues = array_values($_POST);

  for($I=3; $I < count($_POST); $I++) {
    echo $allkeys[$I];
    echo $allvalues[$I];
  }

But I think that it will use the double of memory. And that won't be good
for long arrays.
So the cuestion is... Is there a PHP function to do this?
I successfully did it with ASP using Request.Form.Key(I) but I really do
prefer PHP when I'm free to choose the language.

Or how can I move the internal array pointer to a specified position to
be able to use the key() function?

As you probably noticed I started the $I counter at 3 because the first 3
values of the array will be used for other purposes. That's why I don't
want to use a foreach().

Thank you all!