It is a newbie question about working with local files. I just want to know
if it posible to open and modify a local file (I mean that it is located in
the local hard disk of the client machine) or because of security reasons it
is only posible to open and modify it when the file resides in the server
machine. Besides, I would also like to know which are the functions I should
use to work with this file.

Thanks in advanced,