--- Video Populares et Optimates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm pondering on a problem here. Being a C/C++, Java and Visual Basic
> developer, the aspect of reverse engineering code from (compiled)
> programs, hasn't occupied my mind that much.
> Now, developing PHP scripts on large scale I have started to think
> otherwise. How do you all secure your code? I'd really appreciate if
> someone could give me the bare and gritty specifics on how it is
> possible to protect server side scripts such as PHP.

If you mean to protect your source from your users, that is the case
already. Unless someone can compromise your server, they never get access
to the source, only its output.

This is far different from standard client-side applications, where the
user has a compiled version of the source. With server-side applications,
there is nothing for them to reverse engineer.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/