I'm resetting set_time_limit() with each iteration of a rather long loop.
Right now when the script reaches its time limit I sometimes end up getting
just a blank page.  Even though I call flush() within each iteration and do
lots of error checking along the way, it seems to not be enough.

I could have sworn I once saw a function that would check whether the
script was being cancelled because a timeout had occured, thereby allowing
you to make a more graceful exit from the script.  But now I can't seem to
locate anything like that in the manual. If someone could point me to the
right function, or suggest an alternative method for catching those
timeouts, I would be grateful.

TIA!

--
CC