Marek --

...and then Marek Kilimajer said...
%
% David T-G wrote:
% >
% >...and then Marek Kilimajer said...
% >%
% >% $string = str_replace("\n", '<br>', $string);
% >
% >That didn't work for me.  Interestingly enough, in light of Leif's post,
% >neither did \r\n in the search pattern.  Hmmph.  Well, thank heavens once
% >again for preg_replace() :-)
%
% Right, I did not think about dos (\r\n) newlines. But Leif's code does

Neither did I; after all, nothing in my loop is running DOS!

% not consider mac newlines (\r) :-). This takes care of all:

Are you sure about that?  He had

  "/\r\n|\n|\r"

which, once I close the search delimiter, certainly should capture a mac
end-of-line...

%
% $string = str_replace(array("\r\n","\n","\r"), '<br>', $string);

Hmmm...  I didn't try it as an array, but str_replace() failed for me
with both "\n" and "\r\n"...

Thanks & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"