* Thus wrote David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi, all --
>
> I have set my umask to 117 (and I change it when making a directory) and
> I use move_uploaded_file to handle submitted files.
>
> The temporary file is mode 600 when it lands in /var/tmp but somehow gets
> changed to 666 during the move.  It seems that move_uploaded_file changes
> the file perms and yet does not honor the umask.
>
> Must I really run chmod() on every move_uploaded_file() I process?  Isn't
> there a better way?

I believe it does, move_uploaded_file() uses the current
envirionment's umask which seems to be set at an awkward stage.

what is the output of:
  echo `umask`;

I bet its '11'. I'm not sure how your system is configured but it
seems the user apache is running under has that umask set that way
which, IMO, is a bad thing (tm).

Curt
--
If eval() is the answer, you're almost certainly asking the
wrong question. -- Rasmus Lerdorf, BDFL of PHP