Victor Spång Arthursson wrote:

Hi!

I'm having a problem with including files. What I want to achieve is to execute a PHP-script on another server, and then to include the result (which will be XML-output) in another PHP-script (currently on my local computer).

On the server I have the file http://server.com/test/echo.php with the content

---
<?php
echo 'xyz';
?>
---

Locally I've a file with the following content:

---
<?php
echo "!!!";
include ("http://server.com/test/echo.php";);
echo "???";
?>
---

I was expecting the output from my locally testfile to be something like:

---
!!!???
---

but rather it is

---
!!!xyz???
---

I've also tried with a $fp = readfile("http…") with the same result, which is output of the echo-statement in the remote file which I am expecting to be evaluated remotely.

How can I do to include the PHP-script and have it to be ran before it is included?

Sincerely

Victor

This is a perfectly normal behaviour ! See www.php.net/include to understand what this function does. (comparing to www.php.net/require)

Hope this helps,