Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Now what do we do? Does the program automatically delete the carts
> after a certain (definable) period of time, i.e. 7 days? OR do we
> allow the merchant to manually delete the carts at any point they
> want? And how do you determine your abandoned cart rate? That is, do

Well, you don't what item to linger too long as prices change.  If a user
add something to their cart and comes back days later, there may be a
different price or the item may have been discontinued, etc..  So you user
may end up getting the wrong price unless you have checkout logic to correct
pricing.

I say, if an incomplete cart hasn't been touched more than 2 hours *and* you
do cleanup processing at 3:00am, then that'll be safe enough, especially if
you have few international orders.
-Eric Wood