Justin French <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Thursday, December 04, 2003 2:20 PM said:

> If you owned a grocery store, you'd have to decide how long you'd
> leave an abandoned cart in isle 3 --  5 minutes? a week?  This is
> entirely a decision up to you and your client.

<slaps_forehead/>

;)

> If you have 1000's of
> orders every hour, obviously storing every abandoned cart for a year
> is not an option.  Why couldn't it just be a configurable option in
> the app?

That is an excellent idea and one that I hadn't thought of.

> I personally would trash the cart with the session (sessions are
> cleaned up by PHP automatically), but let the logged in user auto-save
> or manually-save the cart for a later date.

Yeah the session files are cleaned up automatically but your application
doesn't know that. You'd have to specifically tell your application (via
a cron job??) when the session get cleaned up and that it (the
application) should remove all the old carts.

Is there something I don't know about (very possible!)? I mean, even if
the users session file is deleted, how do you tell the app. to follow
suit and delete it's ASIDE from setting a cron job?

Chris.
--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/