Is it possible to have a function that looks something like

function print_this( $value1, $value2, $maybe3) {

    do whatever;

}

that would expect $value1, $value2 BUT would not care if $maybe3 came in
or not ? and not give an error message that there is a missing paramter
?

I know I can do a condition within the function, but just want to see if
there is a more technical approach as in from php to ignore that
optional per say variable.

I did look in my PHP book by wrox, but no luck.

Thanks !!!