Okay, solved that as well.
SED environment variable was not defined!
How come I had to define it myself?! Shouldn't the build process take care of that?

Anyway, now when I try to load the extension my_ext.la in my PHP as follows:

if(!extension_loaded('my_ext')) {
        dl('my_ext.la');
}

I get the following error:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/my_ext.la' - /usr/local/apache/htdocs/my_ext.la: invalid ELF header in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/my_ext.php on line 4

It is very strange to see this error. I have done all my development on one Redhat Linux box. I didn't switch OS platforms.

Please advise. Thanks.

Anas Mughal wrote:

I found one problem. I had to add "=shared" after --enable-my_ext.
So, this is what I did:

./configure --enable-my_ext=shared

Now, the makefile looks much better. (I have attached the Makefile.) However, I get errors in make. Those errors are generated when invoking the libtool command.