On Wednesday 10 December 2003 08:23 pm, Ryan A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Its been quite some time since I have done any compiling, the last time was
> java and before that C...which was years back.
>
> I want to install Turck MMCache for php on one of our new dedicated servers
> as we will be running a crapload of scripts there...differient
> applications...we estimate around 2k - 4k or even a few more scripts....

honestly, i've never run turck, but the build process seems rather standard.

> I myself have been working on a windows machine for a lonnng time (yes, i
> said windows, you *unix users can stop spitting) and really have no idea
> about "compiling" MMCache...can anybody tell me how to do it please? and
> what i'll need?

I'm going to assume you're compiling on a real OS, and your desktop is
Windows. If not, can't really help...

> This is what I got from their page:
> (http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/#install)
> Step 1. Compiling Turck MMCache
>  export PHP_PREFIX="/usr"
>   $PHP_PREFIX/bin/phpize

Odds are phpize is in your $PATH, so you can just cd into the turck directory,
and type phpize. If not, try typing `locate phpize` to find it, then type
/path/to/phpize instead.

> ./configure --enable-mmcache=shared
> --with-php-config=$PHP_PREFIX/bin/php-co nfig
>   make

then you move into the PHP source directory, since PHP needs to be recompiled
with support for turck. See http://www.php.net/manual/en/installation.php

the only requirement is that you must include '--enable-mmcache=shared' as an
argument to the configure script. If the server is already set up, you should
do a phpinfo() to see what was sent to configure, and use that exact command
plus the mmcache thing above. This will decrease the likelyhood of a snafu.

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"I am indeed amazed when I consider how weak my mind is and how prone to
error. "

-Rene Descartes