Jake McHenry wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Bronislav Klucka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 1:52 AM
To: Jake McHenry; 'Php-general'
Subject: RE: [PHP] Sorting arrays

Try to explain a little bit more how the arrays could be sorted asscending and by hitting back and submitting form suddnely sorted descending...

Brona

Does anyone know of a way to keep sort from reversing the

array order?

That is kinda fuzzy, let me explain.

I have a couple arrays that I am sorting. If the user hits the

back

button in their browser, and hits submit again without changing anything, the array is sorted again, now in decending order

instead of

ascending as it was the first time around.

The arrays contain dates, and I want them in ascending order.

Is there a way to limit any of the sort routines to ascending

only?

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator
http://www.nittanytravel.com

This page is for adding / editing / removing airline reservations. What I have done so far is when the user first gets to this specific page, they enter their info. If they put a check in the add next flight checkbox, then the same form comes up again, each time adding the new info to the same array, building upon the old info. The arrays are then displayed back into form fields where the user can edit any info submitted.

I'm sorting the arrays by the flight dates. Each time the user enters
a new flight, the array is sorted by date. This is where I'm seeing
the problem. The first flight is fine, of course. The second is fine.
The third flight entered and all of the flights are now in reverse
order. Then the next flight entered, they're all in the correct order,
etc, etc.

This problem will most likely happen to my other arrays further on in
the project.

Is there any way I can make sure that the dates are always in the
correct order?

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator
http://www.nittanytravel.com

This is very strange. sort() ALWAYS sorts the same way when you call it the same way, period. Perhaps you're not sorting on the correct data? Could you please show us exactly what your arrays look like, which sort function you are using, and how you're calling it?

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>