with folding you can "fold" your code in chunks, you basically setup a "start fold" and an "end fold" and place code between them, then you can
open and close (fold) that block of code as you need to or don't need to see it...

for example:

# {{{ PHP Code to do something...

..
..
10000 lines of code...
..
..
# }}}

would collapse to one line when folded.... and look something like:

+ PHP Code to do something

then when you hit space on it it expands. (I use {{{ and }}} as my start and end folds)

ctags allows you to build a dictionary of words which you can hook into vim, that way you can do tab completion on PHP words etc.

I also like to map keystrokes to coding templates for things like functions, loops, declarations etc.

Everyone's got their own setup :)

Plus I always use a CVS repository for my work, so my routine of, code, test, commit is habit.

Looking at the responses there seems to be a lot of neat editors out there, to each his own.

regards,

Ahbaid.

Jough Jeaux wrote:

Hmm, I'm currently a vim user also.  You'll have to
elaborate on this folding and ctag business though...

--- Ahbaid Gaffoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

vim - with folding and ctags

sweet.

Ahbaid

Jough Jeaux wrote:

Was wondering what everyone's favortie IDE is for
coding in PHP. I've got a big PHP project in the
works. I'll be doing alot with it and am looking

for

ways to boost my productivity.

--Jough