[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Oh...
So it's the same as not having any /'s
just the file name?

Not quite. For example, when you have more than one executables with the same name, when you use ./executable_name, it will call the the one in your current directory, otherwise it will use the one in your path.

Best

Bao

Marco Tabini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 18/12/2003 14:01

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject
Re: [PHP] includes...

That means "the current directory"

Cheers,

Marco

--

php|architect - The Magazine for PHP Professionals
Try us free at http://www.phparch.com!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

bit of a random thought I need answering really...
when referencing external files, what's the difference between:

../
/
./

I know that ../ means back one directory and jsut a / means look from

the

root directory, but what is:
./

???

Cheers all..

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent